Sunday, October 8, 2017

Simple is good

Today I want to share a card I created as a Simplicity Sister for Penny Black.



Not to get too deep - but I wanted to share a quick thought I had while making my card : ).

Life sometimes gets a little crazy and this year I feel like I have lived 20 lifetimes.  When things have gotten hard I have tried to remember back to when times were easier and more carefree and to remember that those days will come again. : )

This simple little card kind of speaks to me of the hope of brighter days with the shadow of hard times growing dimmer.  I was going to make this a Sympathy card but I realized it isn't with Sympathy that I look back on this year.  Actually many blessings have come to me as a result of my trials and growing stronger and closer to Jesus and the Hope He offers is, by far, worth it all!!

I hope you will look beyond the clouds that may be covering your happiness and find rest and peace in Jesus too : )

BIG (((Hugs)))
Patti

Supplies by Penny Black:
Winged Beauty #40-376
Words of Kindness #30-353


14 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What a beautiful blog post and the prettiest and gentlest of card....Thank you x Thinking of you too x

Jeanne said...

Thank you so much for sharing your encouraging thoughts and your beautiful card. The colors are light and hopeful, just like your message. Big hugs! :)

Vikki H said...

A stunning encouragement card and enhanced by your words. You're a blessing and your continued progress remains in my prayers.

Colleen said...

Beautiful card and post...from the heart and oh so true. I sure hope life is getting better for you! Heart Hugs, Colleen

Marcia Hill said...

Such a beautiful card Patti...LOVE the background! Also so happy to hear that you are seeing the blessings in this past year and not the negatives! God is good...ALL the time!! :0)

Linda said...

Beautiful card to go with your beautiful post. Hope the coming year continues to bring you many blessings.

Lisa Elton said...

What a glorious background you've created for that pretty little bird! This is a lovely card Patti. I'm happy to know Jess has gotten you through the difficult times. He's done the same for me. I try to live my life with him in my heart and thoughts everyday. I pray he continues to get you through the good and the bad that life brings, Hugs!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is so gorgeous with that wonderful background you made. A perfect card for many times when we are thinking of someone. And, I like how your attitude about your life happenings this past year is so positive. Sometimes we need these trials in life to bring us closer to our Lord. These trials tend to shape us and we never got through them alone as our Lord Jesus is always with us. I hope you can continue to have this positive outlook in the future too!

OH Babs said...

Beautiful card Patti. I love the soft colors and the simplicity. Thinking of You is the best sentiment because he can be used for any/all reasons.
:) Barb

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Your card is just fabulous !!

Mary Dew Lee said...

An absolutely beautiful card - and a message that so many of us need to hear - over and over. Thank you Patti!

Bobby said...

Beautiful card and wonderful outlook on life, Patti. God is always with you through good times and bad.

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card Patti, wishing you happy and healthy times ahead.
PS can't believe you've had snow already this year!!

Carole Z said...

He’s Patti, a beautifully worded post & equally beautiful card, sending hugs Carole Z xx